– 2007 Vision Ventures began its vision to assemble over 100 acres all within 1 mile from downtown Charlotte in what is now tag as the Northend in the Innovation Corridor.
– 2008-2011 Vision Ventures acquired over 50 individual parcels from single family residential homes to large industrial buildings.
– 2015 Vision Ventures formed divided the assemblage into 6 PODS.
– 2016 Vision Ventures successfully sold Pod 1, a 40 acres industrial site with 700,00 sf of structures, to ATCO Properties.
– 2016 Vision Ventures sold Pod 2, a 13 acre industrial site with 60,000 sf of industrial structures, to Browder Development.
Hercules Industrial Park
This 455,860 square foot urban industrial park sits on 22.56 acres and is located 1.3 miles from uptown Charlotte. It was a former Department of Defense Army Depot and was originally called the Charlotte Area Missile Plant. (C.A.M.P.) Later, the named was changed to the Hercules Industrial Park. It was named after the Hercules missiles that were used in the Korean War since many of the missile components were manufactured on this site. Vision Ventures successfully acquired the property in 2007 and collaborated with the Army Corps of Engineers on the environmental remediation strategy and successfully obtained a Brownfield Agreement with the State of North Carolina. The property was quickly stabilized and was 100% occupied for 8 years. The project was sold to ATCO Investments in August 2016 as part of a larger master planned 76-acre redevelopment.
Godley Industrial Facility
This 170,113 square foot urban industrial facility sits on 12.52 acres and is located 1 mile from uptown Charlotte. While under contract it was discovered in the title work that a 100’ railroad Right of Way, that had been in place since the late 1800’s, ran through the rear of the entire building. The Vision team successfully negotiated re-recording the Right of Way with the Railroad. Vision Ventures purchased the property in 2008 and sold the property in August 2016 to ATCO Investments as part of a larger master planned 76-acre redevelopment project.
North Tryon Industrial
Vision Ventures assembled approximately 13 acres consisting of 6 parcels of industrial property along North Tryon in Charlotte’s up-and-coming North End. The assemblage included the Nisbet Oil Facility which formerly operated as a Texaco Distributor. Vision Ventures structured a multi-year sale/leaseback to acquire this industrial distribution facility. Ira Griffin Son’s textile manufacturing facility was also included in the assemblage. The entire assemblage was sold in August 2016 to a local real estate developer.
North Tryon Residential/ Mixed- Use
Vision Ventures assembled over forty-five separate parcels totaling 36 acres of industrial, residential and vacant land in Charlotte’s up-and-coming North End. Approximately 25 acres of now vacant land is zoned for residential use while approximately 11 acres with frontage along N. Church Street is zoned for industrial/mixed use.